Technical Content Writer (PT, Remote)
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types.
HiringThing operates in a flexible startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. This is a remote position, so successful applicants will thrive the ability to work from home. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
We are looking for a tech-savvy technical content writer to join our marketing team. The writer will be responsible for developing technical documentation, as well as developing and curating a best-in-class API library to empower developers to implement quickly and accurately.
- Part-time (20-25 hours/week)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and edit high quality, developer-friendly technical documentation, including API documentation, user guides and release notes.
- Review, edit and update new and existing API documentation
- Rewrite and reorganize the existing document library to improve developer productivity
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams (marketing, engineering, product management and client services) to gather requirements and relevant information necessary for documentation
- Translate technical documentation into user-friendly use case stories
- Ensure superior accuracy, clarity and consistency across all documentation
- Define and maintain timelines for content updates
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATION:
- Four years of relevant technical writing experience
- Recent and relevant experience writing API documentation
- Strong knowledge of documentation tools
- Experience with SaaS
- You can submit recent examples of documentation you have written.
- You see yourself as Self Starter – always hungry to achieve and learn.
- You are easily adaptable – open to the change of a startup environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- You possess excellent communication and active listening skills.
- You have excellent attention to detail.
- You have can prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities.
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with Roth and Standard options
- Ability to work remotely
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Paid time off: 1.5 to 3 weeks per year (based on length of service and % of full-time hours worked)
- 8 paid holidays
- Opportunity for professional development
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
Location: St. Louis, MO