Content Writer - Technical/Marketing (FT, Remote)
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types.
HiringThing operates in a flexible startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. This is a remote position, so successful applicants will thrive the ability to work from home. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
We are looking for a tech-savvy and creative content writer to join our Marketing team. The ideal candidate must have experience developing both technical documentation and marketing content. This position requires both creative-style and technical knowledge, including demonstrated experience writing content for SaaS technologies and API documentation as well as short- & long-form marketing materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and edit high-quality technical documentation (including API documentation, how-to guides, and release notes), as well as marketing content (including e-books, whitepapers, and sales materials).
- Track and lead content projects, including reviewing, editing, and updating new and existing content and documentation.
- Develop creative and compelling marketing content to support our brand, sales team, and partners.
- Work closely with the marketing team to plan and execute key content initiatives.
- Rewrite and reorganize the existing document library to improve developer productivity.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams (marketing, engineering, product management, and client services) to gather requirements and relevant information necessary for documentation.
- Ensure superior accuracy, clarity, and consistency across all written content[.
- Maintain a consistent voice and tone across all marketing and technical content.
- Define and maintain timelines for content updates.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 4 years of combined content technical and marketing writing experience (minimum)
- The ability to write, edit, and proofread copy while maintaining brand consistency and clarity
- Experience with SaaS marketing and technology
- The ability to collaborate with engineering, product management and client services to gather feature information and specifications
- Experience writing and editing technical communication, such as API documentation
- Experience writing marketing content, such as eBooks, whitepapers and web content
- Strong content sourcing skills, including interviewing and research
- Strong knowledge of documentation tools
- Understanding of SEO principles
- You love to pitch creative content ideas based on the collateral that sales, marketing and product needs.
- You have superior written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a keen eye for detail and exceptional proofing skills.
- You can submit a stellar portfolio with recent examples of documentation and marketing materials you have written.
- You see yourself as a self starter — always hungry to achieve and learn.
- You are easily adaptable — open to the change of a startup environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- You possess excellent communication and active listening skills.
- You can prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities.
- 401(k) plan with Roth and Standard options
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Opportunity for professional development
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.