Software Scrum Master/Sprint Manager (Remote)
HiringThing is looking for an experienced Software Scrum Master/Sprint Manager to focus on growing our cloud-based hiring platform.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to facilitate engineering team collaboration around the roll-out of products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
You'll be responsible for implementing and managing our agile development process as part of our engineering team. Working closely with our product and engineering teams you will help facilitate communication, sprint planning, and growth.
You’ll enjoy working with a team that utilizes the latest web technologies in our ever-evolving stack and have will have significant input into product direction, technology decisions and development priorities. We practice continuous integration and deploy on demand throughout the day.
Below is a list of core, initial responsibilities associated with this position. This list is subject to expansion based on the candidate's interest, aptitudes, and performance. As a growing organization, we are committed to each employee's growth in their individual role and help each person maximize their fulfillment in their role and department.
- Responsible for managing the development process in an agile methodology, including coordination of sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, feature demos, and prioritization with a goal of maximizing efficiency and minimizing organizational friction along the way.
- Coach the team to self-organize and to maintain a sustainable pace.
- Analyze historical sprint data and utilize findings to work with the team on setting realistic, achievable deadlines.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, bringing your best self to the table.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- You have experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- You are a superior planner and have organizational development skills.
- You have the proven ability to prioritize, work independently, handle time efficiently and deliver goals in a timely manner.
- You have experience facilitating an agile software development team and acting as a servant leader.
- You have experience with Jira/Confluence.
- Ideally familiar with writing code yourself, familiarity with Ruby on Rails and/or React is a big plus.
- Scrum Master Certification is a plus.
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Valuable work experience within a rapidly growing startup environment
- Paid time off, based on length of service and percentage of a full-time schedule worked
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types.
HiringThing operates in a flexible startup environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build a new company. This is a remote position, so you will enjoy the ability to work from home. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.