DevOps/AWS Administrator (Remote)
HiringThing is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help grow our infrastructure team.
HiringThing is a cloud-based software company that helps companies manage their hiring process. We're outgrowing our current infrastructure and we're looking for additional help to level up our scalability and reliability.
We use Docker for local development of our Rails app, and currently a mix of Ansible and Capistrano to provision and deploy to EC2. We're currently evaluating options for autoscaling, including ECS.
You'll also be responsible for assisting the team with general IT practices like server maintenance, employee desktop support and business user app support.
The DevOps position reports directly to our Principal Engineer and works in tandem with our DevOps Admin.
- Minimum 4 years of AWS experience
- Minimum 1 year of Docker experience
- Experience managing hosting for a SaaS application
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Strong communication skills
- Self project management
- Help plan and execute a move towards full Infrastructure as Code environment within AWS
- Inventory provisioning and management (virtual servers and end-user workstations)
- Help develop and implement multi AWS region resiliency and develop tools to test this resiliency automatically
- Server patching and maintenance (Ubuntu Linux and Windows Server)
- Backups, regularly testing recoveries, automation of this process
- Internal user account creation and management
Technologies in Play
- Ruby on Rails
- React (Webpack, ES6)
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS)
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Opportunity for professional development
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
HiringThing is a cloud-based software company that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012 and are growing rapidly.
We’re a fully remote company with a virtual office. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. We meet as a team daily and are required to connect with other teams during standard business hours. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as the work gets done.
We also offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an Unlimited PTO policy, in which each employee is afforded the flexibility to take vacation, take time off for illness and shift schedules as necessary.
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.