HiringThing is looking for a high-energy, driven technical professional with natural sales instincts to join our Business Development team. You will help support our sales department by answering queries, providing technical guidance, and building strong RFP replies. You see opportunity around every corner, approach sales and technology with tenacity, and overcome objectives every day. This is primarily a client facing inside sales engineer position but does require occasional domestic travel as needed; expected travel is 10% or less.
Who HiringThing Is:
We are a cloud-based software company that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012 and are growing rapidly. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. Our company is fully remote with no physical office. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. We meet as a team daily and are required to connect with other teams during standard business hours. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as the work gets done.
Who you will be working with:
As a Sales Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce our platform to our customers. You will work with prospective and existing customers, as well as partners , to understand the power of our platform. Coordinating with our development team, you will create reusable solutions and develop architectures to solve clients business challenges and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks. This position includes a thorough cross-functional training period with sales, product and engineering/API teams.
After a completed on-boarding period, you’ll be expected to own project scoping; develop strong client rapport; demo our platform; and perform various administrative tasks in support of partner sales. We provide the tools and technology to be successful; it’s your job to continuously innovate, deliver partner perfection and add value to the department. Constant daily tasks include participating in project estimation, attending client technical scoping calls, liaising with engineering/API and product teams, and tasks related to closing sales.
Below is a list of core, initial responsibilities associated with this position. This list is subject to expansion based on the Sales Engineer’s, aptitudes, and performance. As a growing organization, we are committed to each employee's growth in their individual role and help each person maximize their fulfillment in their role and department.
- Work with Business Development team to close business, optimize close rates, and continuously improve pipeline development
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities. Identify key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers
- Attend prospect, client, department, and team meetings
- Collaborate and communicate with our Product and Engineering/API teams to establish complex project scopes
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions using defined methods and tools
- Provide coaching to less tenured team members in order to enhance product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills
- Demo solutions within key channel partnerships and prospects when needed
- 3+ years experience in consultation, system design and or project management
- Business or Technical degree preferred
- Experience in designing complete solutions for large organizations
- Demonstrated ability to present solution proposals to key executives
- Easily adaptable – not averse to change in a startup environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity for professional development and to learn/increase experience with:
- Salesforce, B2B sales, Enterprise sales
- Valuable work experience within a rapidly
- growing startup environment
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.