DevOps / IT Administrator
HiringThing is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us move to a containerized infrastructure.
HiringThing is a cloud-based software company that helps companies manage their hiring process. We're going to outgrow our MVP infrastructure and we're looking for the right person to bring us to level up our scalability and reliability.
You’ll enjoy working on the latest web technologies in our ever-evolving stack and have significant input into product direction, technology decisions and development priorities. We practice continual integration and deploy on demand throughout the day.
We use Docker for local development of our Rails app, and we're ready to use a similar technology in production. Your job will be to move us from a mix of Capistrano and Chef on EC2 to Amazon Web Services EKS (or something better?).
You'll also be responsible owning and automating general IT practices like server maintenance and implementing SOC2 policies.
- Plan and execute a move towards a containerized infrastructure within AWS
- Server patching and maintenance (Ubuntu Linux and Windows Server)
- Inventory provisioning and management (virtual servers and end-user workstations)
- Internal user account creation and management
- Help develop and implement SOC2 compliance policies, including training internal team members
- Backups, regularly testing recoveries, automation of this processHelp develop and implement multi AWS region resiliency and develop tools to test this resiliency automatically
- Discipline and good communication skills to be productive in a fully virtual office
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Opportunity for professional development
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
HiringThing is a cloud-based software company that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012 and are growing rapidly.
We’re a fully remote company with a virtual office. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as the work gets done.
We also offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an Unlimited PTO policy, in which each employee is afforded the flexibility to take vacation, take time off for illness and shift schedules as necessary.
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you.