Dev Ops Engineer
HiringThing is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. This role will focus on improving our staging and production infrastructure hosted in AWS. This role is responsible for a vital part of our security and deployment procedures, working closely with our CTO and Director of Product to maintain and adjust our strategies as needed. You will deliver and support high-quality services and systems that exceed customer expectations and provide excellent internal stakeholder support. You'll have significant input into product direction, technology decisions, and infrastructure development priorities.
Who we are
HiringThing is online software that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We were founded in 2012 with the mission to deliver intuitive, easy-to-use recruiting software across multiple sales channels and product types. We are a fully remote, distributed team, and have been remote since the inception of our company.
HiringThing operates in a flexible environment where employees can be hands-on in helping build the company. This is a 100% remote position, so team members will thrive in a work-from-home (or anywhere) environment. Our team stays connected through daily communication and regular video calls.
Who you will be working with
You will work closely and collaboratively with our smart, thoughtful engineering team who take pleasure in tackling hard problems head-on. You will also work hand-in-hand with every department in the company to ensure that both our platform and our team are supported with the best technology and infrastructure we can provide.
- Infrastructure automation within AWS
- Maintaining and improving our deployment pipeline (CI, staging, and production)
- Planning and exercising our BCDR scenarios
- Implementing metrics and monitoring in order to stay ahead of production issues
- Working with the engineering team to proactively identify performance issues
- Maintaining our security policies and SOC II compliance
- Creating and maintaining internal documentation
- Manage and participate in our on-call rotation
- 4 years of cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- 2 years of Infrastructure automation (such as Terraform)
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Experience managing hosting for a Saas application
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a small team
Technologies in Use
- 401(k) plan with regular and Roth options available
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity for professional development
- Valuable work experience within a rapidly growing startup environment
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- 9 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
- Fully remote environment
- Company equipment provided