API Developer (Remote)
HiringThing is looking for an API developer to focus on growing our Rails-based hiring platform.
Join a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. You’ll enjoy working on the latest web technologies in our ever-evolving stack and have significant input into product direction, technology decisions and development priorities. We practice continuous integration and deploy on demand throughout the day.
Your primary focus will be on API development but you'll also spend some time with test automation, other backend development, and front-end React development.
- Minimum 3 years of Ruby on Rails
- Previous experience developing JSON APIs, as well as familiarity with rails-api
- Familiarity with modern Rails best practices
- Experience writing documentation for both internal and external developers; experience with Swagger documentation a plus
- Independent work ethic or fully remote workspace experience
- Strong communication skills
Technologies in Play
- Ruby on Rails
- React (Webpack, ES6)
- SCSS, Bootstrap
- Amazon Web Services
- 401(k) plan with Roth and Standard options
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Opportunity for professional development
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
HiringThing is a cloud-based software company that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012 and are growing rapidly.
We’re a fully remote company with a virtual office. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as the work gets done. HiringThing's culture puts an emphasis on work-life balance.
We also offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy, in which each employee is afforded the flexibility to take vacation, take time off for illness and shift schedules as necessary.