Junior Product Manager (Remote)
HiringThing is looking for an Junior Product Manager to focus on growing our Rails-based hiring platform.
Join a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. You’ll enjoy working on the latest web technologies in our ever-evolving stack and have significant input into product direction, technology decisions and development priorities. We practice continuous integration and deploy on demand throughout the day.
The Junior Product Manager is responsible for assisting interfacing between key stakeholders and engineering to define, manage and deliver new features and functionality on our platform. This role will also be heavily involved in the continued development of the HiringThing product changes and enhancements, including documentation, evangelism and roadmap development. This position with interface with a team in different international time zones and will be required to be available and participate in meetings during non-traditional hours.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Engineering and Product Management teams
- Interface with customers and internal stakeholders to collect business requirements for new features and/or customizations
- Manage contractors and outsourced development teams including being their primary point of contact and providing clearly defined technical specifications and in-depth project documentation
- Assist in the development of wireframes, technical specifications, timeline estimates and feature definitions
- Manage communication of changelogs to internal and external clients
- Apply the highest standards of usability, functionality and elegance to the design and development of HiringThing software
- Assist in the development of API documentation, use cases and developer communication
- Adhere to budgets and keep projects on track for successful completion within specification
- Assist in designing business processes and configuring engineering process tools
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the project budget, timeline, or the standards of usability
- Facilitate, participate, and occasionally lead the quality assurance process for application updates
- Act as a Quality Assurance lead for testing new feature development
- 1-3 years of project or product management experience in the software development industry
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Easily adaptable – not averse to change in a startup environment
- Quick learner and able to function semi-autonomously
- Prior experience navigating and utilizing issue tracking software, JIRA highly preferred
- Proven ability to prioritize, work independently, manage time effectively and follow through on tasks/responsibilities
- Clear written and spoken communication
The information provided in this job description is designed to provide the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the job classification. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all work duties, responsibilities and qualification required of employees assigned to this job. This job description will be updated, modified and revised by HiringThing, at its sole discretion, from time to time as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business
- 401(k) plan with Roth and Standard options
- $100/month telecom reimbursement
- Up to $50/month fitness reimbursement
- Ability to work remotely
- Comprehensive benefits offered to eligible employees
- Opportunity to contribute in a hands-on manner to the growth and direction of the Company
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Opportunity for professional development
- 8 annual paid holidays for full-time employees
HiringThing is a cloud-based software company that helps companies post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. We’ve been in business since 2012 and are growing rapidly.
We’re a fully remote company with a virtual office. We're a technology-first team dedicated to building the greatest recruiting software available. We keep in touch with Slack and regular video conferences. You can work from home, a coffee shop or the beach as long as the work gets done. HiringThing's culture puts an emphasis on work-life balance.
We also offer competitive salaries, benefits, and an unlimited PTO policy, in which each employee is afforded the flexibility to take vacation, take time off for illness and shift schedules as necessary.
Applicants will be asked to complete a brief assessment as part of the application process. This will take approximately 20 minutes and cannot be re-entered once you exit the process. Please allow enough time to complete the assessment. Thank you!